ARVD/C Genetic Variants Database
Curators: Paul van der Zwaag, Jan Jongbloed and Peter van Tintelen
Dept. of Genetics, University Medical Center Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands
This database is a work in progress. It contains information from clinical research and other types of data on variants in genes causing Arrhythmogenic Right Ventricular Dysplasia/ Cardiomyopathy (ARVD/C).
Please cite: van der Zwaag PA, Jongbloed JD, van den Berg MP, van der Smagt JJ, Jongbloed R, Bikker H, Hofstra RM, van Tintelen JP. A genetic variants database for arrhythmogenic right ventricular dysplasia/cardiomyopathy. Hum Mutat. 2009; 30(9): 1278-83.
View older news in the news archive.
General remarks/ Disclaimer
- This software and data are provided to enhance knowledge and encourage progress in the scientific community and are to be used only for research and educational purposes. Any reproduction or use for commercial purpose is prohibited without the prior express written permission of University Medical Center Groningen.
- Reference sequences for the genes in this database: DES, DSC2, DSG2, DSP, JUP, PKP2, TGFB3, TMEM43, TTN.
- Mutation nomenclature follows the standard reported here: http://www.hgvs.org/mutnomen/
- Numbering of nucleotides starts at the first position of the methionine start-codon.
- Controls are displayed as the number of mutations found in a number of control chromosomes.
- The classification of the variants is as listed in the corresponding article(s).
- Synonymous mutations not listed in dbSNP and not tested in controls are classified as Unclassified Variants.
- To help interpret the effect of missense mutations, we provide data obtained from three in silico prediction methods: the Grantham score, PolyPhen and SIFT.
- The classification of a variant can change as a result of (a) new publication(s). These changes will be listed under 'news'
Work on this database is financially supported by the Department of Genetics of the University Medical Center Groningen, the Netherlands,
and by a grant from the Netherlands Heart Foundation (2007B132).
Stay updated! Follow the arvcdatabase on twitter:
Last update: November 6, 2013